Types Of Dactylitis Or Inflammation In Fingers & ToesThere are three main types of dactylitis, but there are many possible causes for inflammation of the fingers or toes. The three types of dactylitis are: Blistering distal, tuberculous and sickle cell.
Types Of Dactylitis
- 1.) Blistering distal dacylitis. Blistering distral happens when the pad of the finger becomes inflamed. This also normally happens with children from 6 months to up to 4 years of age. This type makes it difficult to move the finger around and is quite painful.
- 2.) Sickle cell dacylitis attack babies as young as 6 months old. Sickle cell dactylitis is one of the chief symptoms of sickle cell anemia .
- 3.) Tuberculous dacylitis affects the bones in the fingers, toes, feet or hands. With tuberculous the pain originates from deep within the bone rather than near the surface of the skin and is considered extremely painful.
Five Types Of Psoriatic Arthritis (PSA)
- 1.) Distal arthritis
- 2.) Spondyloarthritis
- 3.) Arthritis mutilans
- 4.) Symmetric polyarthritis
- 5.) Asymmetric oligoarthritis